Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another project

I've given myself a huge challenge - Fix up an old bike!


I'll be using this bike to ride on the road/bikeways with and perhaps I'll start riding into work.
It will be perfect for Sunday rides with my sister in to southbank for breakfast.
(Can I say here how much I love living back in Brisbane so I can do this!!)


I picked up the bike from an elderly gentleman who was riding until recently. So that means all the parts are still working and aren't seized up. Some of the parts I'll reuse but others I'll replace.


I must admit I'm getting a lot of help from my partner (T) and his brother.

To start with we took everything off the bike so T could start grinding off all that surface rust and prep it for repainting.




While he was doing that I cleaned up a few parts.
I'm really excited about this project and I can't wait to see the finished result.

















I'll keep posting pictures so you can see how it is coming along.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox