Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Mama

This blog is dedicated to my Mama (Grandmother) who passed away 15 years ago.
My Mama was a wonderful cook – she made everything from scratch, pasta, baked goods and all the yummy traditional meals.
I remember even on the hottest summer day she would be in the kitchen baking away with sweat pouring off her. I loved going to her house, the smells from the kitchen and garden were amazing. There was always so much to eat that I’m surprised that I’m not as big as a house – although if she was alive today I’m sure I would be!!

I wish she was alive so:

She could teach me to cook
She could pass down all her wonderful recipes to me
So she could teach me to crochet
To hear all her stories about her life and her journey to Australia
For her to pass on her knowledge about life and give me guidance
So I could get a great big hug from her
So she could see the woman I have become {would she be proud?}


I thought of her last night when I found her old dinner set that I have wrapped up in newspaper and stashed away in the cupboard. I should really have them on display- they are just beautiful but I’m so scared that they will be broken.

I decided to use her plates in a composition that I was photographing to put on the front of my own recipe journal. None of my Mama’s recipes were written down so I have decided to create my own recipe journal that I can pass onto my children (when I have them).

I will post a picture of the journal when it is complete but for now I have added a picture of my Mama’s plates and a close up of the detail in the middle – enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox