Friday, July 4, 2014

Just Add Ink #221 - Just Add Shakers!

Welcome to my little part of blog land!

Today is Just Add Ink challenge day and the challenge is to just add SHAKERS.

What is a shaker card?
I'd never made one before....... so just in case you didn't know a shaker card is a card with a see through window that is filled with fun sparkly items! There is enough room in the window for the items to move around when shaken.

I decided to use vellum as my window and I filled it with little colourful circles and some glass glitter!


I think the vellum mutes the colours nicely so they aren't too bright and I really like this idea to add some fun to a birthday card!

You should see the fantastic creations by the Design Team this week - I will definitely be pinning some of them for future CASing!   I really like the 'shaker' and think I'll be using it again soon.

I'd love to see your take on a shaker card so come join us here.

Also a big WELCOME to Deb who is joining our Design Team for a little while!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the simple coloured circles in vellum. I sometimes find shaker cards a little overwhelming, but the way you did it is perfect. It has all the fun and it remains soft at the same time! Good work!


    www.libellulecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using vellum is a really lovely idea Trish - really adds such a softness. Love your idea of using punched circles in the shaker too - they are still eye catching even muted by the vellum. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous 'shaker'. Love that you chose vellum and that your little circle cut outs are muted that way - fabulous card for a first try xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked your first shaker Trish, looks fab done in vellum..So soft and pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox