Thursday, February 18, 2016

Just Add Ink #299 - Inspiration photo

It's challenge day at Just Add Ink and we have a cool and summery photo to give you inspiration this week.

I may have gone a little overboard with all the different stamp sets I've used to create this..... Can you count how many I've used????  I'll let you know at the bottom of the post!

You can also see the inspiration photo at the bottom of this post - I really LOVE these colour together and I was inspired by the different shades of pink and green.

The image seemed light and refreshing so I wanted to emulate that in my project this week.
I've used a velum bag instead of a traditional envelope, kind of recreating the glass jar - this way the pretty details of the inside peek through :)



Here's my card without the 'envelope' and it's probably a little bit hard to see but I've white embossed the top left corner with some pretty little flowers from the Birthday Blossoms set.


I've created an ombre effect in the background with the little string of hearts (this was my attempt to capture the different variations of green in the inspiration photo).


Now I'm looking at these photos I think I might go back and add a little pearl or rhinestone to that sweet little hot pink flower on the envelope :)


The Design Team creations are AMAZING! So while you're popping in your entry here don't forget to stop by their blogs to say hi.


Oh and did you guess that I used a total of 6 different stamp sets!
They are - Birthday Blooms, Garden in Bloom, Gorgeous Grunge, Birthday Blossoms, Friends Never Fade and Tape It!

Here's the inspiration photo -



Enjoy your Friday and I'll be back next week with a fun card for Just Add Ink's 300th challenge!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Trishie this is just gorgeous!! I love the ombre effect with the hearts in the background, the wonderful glint of the embossed flowers and the subtle sweet colours of the flower cluster. Not to mention the vellum envelope - YUM! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish,

    Wow - SIX stamps, that's amazing.

    I am so in awe you would make a special envelope like this - it's something new that I think I might try too. Thanks for giving me a new idea to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply stunning Trish! I love your vellum "envelope" so soft and pretty and the card inside is stunning too! The gorgeous blooms and beautiful embossing and the green heart ombré background....I love it all, truly gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another that I missed.....on the weeks I skip a challenge I obviously tune right out of everything. Love the packaging and pretty colours. You're back into the swing of all things crafty - so great to see. I don't know how you mix and match so many stamp sets, that just hurts my head for sure. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox