Friday, July 22, 2016

Just Add Ink #321 - Just Add Paper piecing!







Hello Hello happy Friday to you all!!!


This week the challenge at Just Add Ink is paper piecing :)
What is paper piecing.... well my understanding is it's about using pieces of paper and piece them together or into place.

So I've used some DSP and pieced it in the place of a shirt for this little birthday boy.


I made this card with a little birthday boy in mind who is turning 2 this weekend and we'll be attending his party - and the weather looks like it 's going to be amazing!





I've winked up his balloon but after photographing it I think I should have used some crystal effects instead.

It's the first time that I've used my copics in a long time so it took me a little while to colour this guy in.

I'd love to see your interpretation of paper piecing so please join in the challenge here.

If you need a little more inspiration pop over to the JAI blog and check out the other Design Team creations.


6 comments:

  1. Trish this is such a sweet birthday card! You did a great job with the colouring - I love the crease shading on the pants and the shiny shoes. With his fancy shirt he is ready to party! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe..He is just the sweetest little man Trishie. Adore your colour choices and he is so beautifully coloured..Gorgeous shading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this little guy, and your colouring is amazing.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable birthday card for a little boy, Trish! Your colouring is gorgeous and I really love the details in his hair and your paper pieced shirt is so fun and stylish too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the 'winked up the balloon'!! You've coloured him beautifully, and the shirt is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little guy is the cutest! I love that the background embossing reflects his shirt, but is still so clean & simple, letting him get all the attention.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox