Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Givit for Christmas

I was reading Anna Spiro’s blog Absolutely Beautiful Things the other day and saw her post about Givit

Givit is a web based community where people donate items and time to people in need. Givit is a not-for-profit organisation run by dedicated volunteers.

There is a Givit list where organisations are asking for specific household items that are needed for people who are doing it tough. There is also a section were you can list items you have that might be useful too.

This is basically based in Brisbane for now but I can see this going Australia wide soon!!!

I’ve already listed a few things on there that I’m not using any more and perhaps someone less fortunate than myself may be able to put them to good use.

I thought this was an amazing idea and a great way to help out our community especially at such a great time of need like Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I am so not surprised by this post. You are such a caring, giving person and a real treasure to those less fortunate - well to all of us really. My life is certainly richer for having you in it :o)

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox