Sunday, May 9, 2010

Absolutely Beautiful Things

There is one blog that started my whole blog experience. It is a major reason why I blog now and where I love to spend many hours gaining inspiration.

This blog was one of the first blogs I'd read and I found it at a time when I needed it most. I was looking for something....I wasn't sure what that something was at the time but this blog was it!
It is beautiful, inspirational and uplifting. I just sit on the edge of my chair hoping that there will be a new post every time I log onto my computer. I love the regular Friday flowers post, the inspirational pictures and most of all the stunning work of Anna. This blog is of course Absolutely Beautiful Things.

I've been wanting to go into her store for many years now but never seemed to find the time so when I saw she was having a one day only sale, I thought - This is it!

Image by Anna

I can't believe (well I can actually) how many people were there!! I knew she was big but I didn't realise how popular she and her ginger jars are. While I waited 45 minutes in line for the doors to open and watched the crowd grow all I could hear were people talking about the ginger jars, it seemed everyone wanted one!!!

The last 5 minutes to opening time was a killer, the anticipation and excitement in the crowd was growing. Finally Anna came to the door to let us in!!!!!!!!


While I had been in line I spotted this cute little wooden table - I'm not sure where I'm going to put it just yet but I knew it had to be mine. When I looked to see how much this beautiful thing was going to hurt my hip pocket I couldn't believe my eyes - $2 - yep that's right TWO DOLLARS!!!! I couldn't wait to get inside and see the rest.


There was so much beautiful fabric, such lovely textures and patterns. (Don't tell any one but secretly I'm a fabric hoarder!) I picked up bundle after bundle until my little arms couldn't hold any more. I had to stop and reassess - did I really need all this fabric.............
I didn't..... so I decided to put a bunch back and only keep the fabric I thought I could really use.
I'll have to show you what I come up with for this pretty pile of fabric.



As I waited in the huge line to pay, these cute little blue birds caught my eye. Another bargain at $2 each. (although one has a little broken nose I still think he is very cute)



I wanted to look through the store and see what I had missed in my haste to check out the fabric but there were so many people in the store I couldn't really move. But as I left the store there was hardly anything left anyway!!!!

The sale was a huge success for Anna, her and her staff did an amazing job with so many people.

I can't wait until the store is refurbished and is reopen so I can go back when there are less people and I can take my time, browse and take everything in.

I'm so happy with my purchases and can't wait for them to find homes in my house.
Thank you Anna and the Black and Spiro staff!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Spring Blossom,

    Thank you so much for posting about our Black & Spiro sale today! So glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you when our renovations are completed.

    xx
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Spring Blossom, I had my eye on that little table too. What a lovely little piece. Love your blog by the way. Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox