Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Queensland Floods

As you are all aware Queensland is facing a very tough time at the moment as well as many other areas of Australia.

Yesterday I spent the day helping my mum pack up her house, the creek in her back yard is slowly rising........
Her house is ok now but as you've probably heard on the news they don't expect the worst until Thursday.

Here's a pic of me taking a quick break looking out to the creek.



My office in the city has been closed as it is very close to being flooded and the electricity has been turned off.

I've been trying to ring the volunteer line so that I can do some volunteer work but I can't get through.

I know we are all in tough times at the moment but if you'd like to donate to the Queensland flood appeal please click here.

To my fellow Queenslanders please be safe and take care.

XOXOOXOXOXOX

ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM :)

6 comments:

  1. Take care and stay safe Trishy! I'm thinking of you!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please be careful! We've had crazy weather all over the globe in recent years

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary time for sure...I've seen some stuff on the news. Stay safe and wishing you and your family all the best during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, take care of you and your family and friends girl! & I'm guessing they're gonna need volunteers for a long time. I'm glad your mum is safe, just in case. Happy Bday to her too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are safe Trishie! I will keep in very close touch with you, morning and night until we know what's happening.

    Super big happy happy birthday J!!! Hope you have cake tonight.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trishie - just checking in again with you! Hows things? Are you ok - safe and dry?

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox